Friday, April 25, 2014

my favs this week (April 25, 2014)

Before I get to my favs this week I will let you know it was really really challenging to not just put 100 pictures of coffee and call it a day.

My first week of work (and thankfully it was only a 4 day work-week) and mini-me has a cough/cold and has been getting up EVERY night. I have loved coffee this week. AND my bed, even though I haven't spent enough time there.

Enough complaining... here are my favs this week


  1. Crockpot/Slow cooker - this is the one I have, but I will likely be trading it in for a digital one in the near future (as this is quickly going to become my new BFF). Apparently when you're working, you have VERY little time to actually prepare food. From the time my job ends (5ish) it's rush rush rush until bedtime. This week has been chaos and the only reason I've retained any sanity (although how much I've retained is debatable) is because I used the crockpot two days for meals. Either this continues to be a fav of mine or I hire a personal cook. I think I'll have an easier time convincing Mr. B I need a digital crockpot over a personal cook. For now.
  2. Mini eggs - truth of the matter, it's a love hate relationship. I LOVE mini eggs but hate myself a wee bit after eating WAY too many of them. I am a little relieved Easter has passed because I cannot walk by a stand of these babies without buying a bag (or three).
  3. Dishwasher - I won't lie, I've always loved having a dishwasher BUT I'm particularly in love with this one. It is SOOOOO quiet AND I've gotten into the habit of throwing every single thing in there. I heard somewhere it's more energy efficient to use the dishwasher as opposed to actually washing dishes. I may have made that up to rationalize throwing pots and pans in there but I'm somewhat confident there is some truth to this. Either way, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
  4. Dexflex nude flats (Payless) - I've been reticent to buy shoes with "comfort" in the title for fear of them being "old lady shoes". Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. BUT I LOVE these! I got them in nude and they are so comfortable but still super cute. PLUS, I got them quite cheap. I'm using all my restraint not to go back and buy them in every color.
  5. Essie Turquoise and Caicos - love Essie polish in general because it's easy to use and dries pretty quick. I have lots of Essie polish but I bought this last summer and it's still my fav (and I renewed my love with it this week). So fun and springy but not florescent so I don't look like I'm trying too hard to look younger than I am.
  6. Musings of a Housewife - being new to the blog-scene, I'm always looking for new blogs to follow. Some I like and some I LOVE! This is one of my new loves. Jo-Lynne is super cute but also real and relate-able. I love that about her. She posts a lot about style and food but her blog really covers everything.  Also, she was super sweet on a recent post of mine so clearly that made me love her even more. I think it's awesome when popular bloggers take the time to interact with their readers!
  7. Blistex - confession: I'm a chapstick addict. This has been my saving grace in our super dry office this week. I am not overly happy that I've had to rely on this all week BUT happier than I'd be without it.
  8. Striped maxi skirt - I was reluctant about the maxi skirt because I'm not tall and I feel like they make me look wide. It took trying on a few to find one I liked and it's one of my new favorite pieces of clothing! It's so comfy (feels like wearing pjs) and I've gotten soooo many compliments that it's hard not to feel great when I wear it. My exact skirt is from Winners but similar ones are here and here and here.



2 comments:

  1. I feel I need a better slow cooker .... what's the difference with a digital one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the digital one will turn onto a different setting once whatever you're cooking reaches a certain temp (or after a certain amount of time). This is good because I leave at 8am and am not home until around 6 (ew, I know) and sometimes meat is overcooked.

      Delete

Love hearing from you!